CEG is the controller of your personal data via our Website pursuant to the EU General Protection Regulation 2016/679.
2. How do we collect information from you?
Communications via our Website: We collect personal data when you provide it to us through communications via our Website. This includes where you have contacted us through the channels listed on the Website and situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us, including, for example, for recruitment purposes.
Services you request: Where you request a service from us, we will collect your personal data in order to process your request and otherwise contact you following such a request.
The type of personal data we may collect includes identity data (including name), contact data (including email address and telephone number), country, location, language preference, employment data (including job description), transaction data (details of services you have purchased or are interested in purchasing from us) and any other personal data you provide to use via the “CONTACT” page on the Website.
3. Purposes for processing your personal data
We process any personal data you provide to us to enable us to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements and for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, including:
- to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to enable us to respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us via our Website;
- to comply with our legal obligations, standards, policies and procedures;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to enable us to issue a notice or corrective action to you in relation to any of our services, if required;
- to better understand how you interact with our Website, including its functionality and features, and ensure that content is presented in the most effective; and
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and we feel may interest you, as described in the “Marketing” section below.
We may also use your personal data to send you marketing-related information (such as newsletters) from CEG where it is linked to the service we are providing you. You may at any time unsubscribe by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each marketing communication.
Please note that where you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still send you certain communications relating to your use of our services, such as service announcements, notices about information on the services and administrative messages.
5. Sharing your information
We may share your personal data with:
- our affiliated companies;
- Government bodies and agencies in the UK and overseas to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- a prospective seller or buyer in the event of a sale or purchase of any CEG business or asset so that the buyer can continue to provide you with information and services;
- our service providers that we engage to provide services for us. Where we provide your personal data to third party services providers, they are required to keep your personal data confidential and secure, and must only use your personal data as instructed by us; and our distributors, business partners, or other service providers, including for marketing purposes or where you have chosen to share your personal data through various features and functionality provided via our Website.
7. Storing your personal data
Your personal data collected via our Website will be stored on servers located in the UK / European Economic Area (“EEA”) state / •. It may also be processed by CEG staff or by one of our service providers operation in insert any other location outside EEA.
We have implemented appropriate safeguards, to protect your personal data when it is transferred outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the execution of data transfer agreements with recipients of the information. For access to copies of these agreements please contact Jay Atara by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at CEG Ltd, Sloane Square House, 1 Holbein Place, London SW1W 8NS. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures.
8. Data retention
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
9. Your rights
You may inform us of any changes in your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws, we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
If you are located in the EEA, you may have the right to: (a) request access to personal data we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal data we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal data we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal data we hold about you; and/or (f) where we process your personal data to fulfil a contract between us, receive any personal data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal data, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail to CEG Ltd, Sloane Square House, 1 Holbein Place, London SW1W 8NS . We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal data with the supervisory authority in your country.
11. How you can contact us
If you have any questions about the processing of personal data via this Website, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you contact us, we will do our utmost best to address any concerns you may have about our processing of your personal data.